Sunday, June 12, 2005

Another Saturday Night...

I would like to thank my local Fox station for showing the Cubs/Red Sox tilt this afternoon. While I listened to the Cardinals game (or rather, Johnson's dominance and Mulder's ickiness) I got to watch the Cubs come from behind to beat the Sox for the second time. Pretty much the worst way to spend a Saturday afternoon, baseball-wise. And it was raining here. So, I'm watching the TiVo of Friday's game.

Eldred will be activated tomorrow, Gabe White DFA'd. There was some hand-wringing out on message boards about who would be the odd-man out. Since both are righties, some thought Brad (who also has options) might be the one to go. That idea is lunacy. The boy's done nothing but throw strikes. With all due respect to Dan at Get Up and Len Cleavelin (who, let's face it, know a hell of a lot more than me), I'm going to call him "Brad the Rad."

Here's something annoying:
Two other teams have come to Busch around .500 like the 30-31 Yankees and used successful series here to slingshot into winning streaks. San Diego did it, and Washington followed.
So, um...yeah.

I'm a little upset with Mulder, so I don't really want to say anything I'll regret. But my knee-jerk, completely-unresearched, based-on-losing-spectacularly-in-his-last-two-starts (I'm not counting the 2-1 loss in Colorado) reaction is that he's becoming incredibly, maddeningly, disappointingly frustrating. He seemed to have some issues with finishing guys off today. I mean 0-2 on Cano, and he walks? Defense didn't help (from what I recall from the radio, Nunez had a tough day), and he's never done well against the Yankees who were torn a new one by Torre Friday night, but I still wonder what's going on with Mark.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?