Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Game One

That was an unexpected outcome. I hoped they'd win, I wanted them to win, but but but...the bats, the bullpen, etc. Never did I think we'd get five runs off of Peavy (who whined like a little girl after the game) and hold them to just one after Carpenter. I was out and about this afternoon and got back into my car just in time to hear Albert's home run. And Rooney's call of Belliard's catch gave me goosebumps. It was lovely. The only thing I had an issue with was taking out Belliard and replacing him with Miles. It didn't really matter, but god, getting thrown out at second like that? We might see Aaron again in garbage time, but ugh. So bad. Belliard is the key - you heard it here first - Belly (see that? Clever, huh?) will win us a lot of games.

As I said to the Proxy this evening: If (he didn't want me to jinx the game in the ninth inning) we win Game One....

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?