Thursday, September 28, 2006

Timing

Why couldn't I have had tickets to that game? Instead, I went Tuesday and saw Carpenter spit the bit and I'm going tonight when Marquis pitches (shudder). The proxy and I were trying to figure out who was going to pitch tonight's game during last night's game. After naming everyone, we figured it would be Narveson. Dammit. Also discussed (before Albert): a sign reading "Tanks For The Memories" for tonight's game. It would still be funny, I think.

It's like the team forgot the division wasn't wrapped up and did their usual limp to October. Only now it's being compared with the biggest collapses of all time. Let's at least wait until the end of the season to call the 2006 Cardinals The Biggest Chokers Ever In The Whole History of Baseball. Honestly, who's surprised? They had two eight-game losing streaks! The team's just not that good. Sneaking into the playoffs is the best we can hope for. The pitching won't get us very deep, neither will the hitting. I always want them to get to the playoffs, but I don't want to see them embarrassed in the first round.

Besides, I just don't know if my heart and, more importantly, liver can take another post season.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?