Monday, July 10, 2006

What The...?

The Cardinals won a series? By winning three games? In a row? Goodness. I can't remember ever seeing someone actually called out for not touching the base. I very nearly put my hand through my sunroof before I remembered it was closed after Pujols' home run Saturday. Speaking of, the proxy (who is filling in over at The Red Crush) called that one. I however, called Rodriguez's Friday night.

So, is Lidge broken or just in a bad patch? He's already equaled his walk total from 2005. The strike out rate is a bit down, but is still 12.43/9. Take a look at his stats and tell me what you think. I vote for In A Funk With Severe Cardinals-Related Issues.

For anyone interested, the Science Channel has a program on tonight called "Baseball's Secret Formula." I think it features a lot of Red Sox, but still should be more exciting than the Home Run Derby. If I had remembered to set the TiVo, I'd have something about my favorite part of the All-Star Game: Celebrity Softball. For no rational reason, I love the softball game. Oh, well. I'm sure ESPN Classic will replay the epic battle between B-movie stars and aging ball players wondering what the appearance fee is.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?