Thursday, May 18, 2006

Business *Persons* Special

Seen on the text messaging board at the game Monday:

"Jaime, the wedding's off --John"

We've been trying to come up with something funny, yet still printable. Nothing we've sent in has made it up. "Pond Scum," I'm sure, didn't pass the first test. But it beats "Jenny U R Awsom!!" and "Chris luvs Mandy." These people have mullets. And are spending $3 to misspell their own name. Next time, I'm going to send in something about a halfshirt. Just to see what happens.

I love the Joe Buck games. I know some people think he's too smarmy, but he cracks me up. After the game, you could tell he'd had enough of Al and was about to call him one dumb (noun calling into question Al's relationship with his female parent) and walk off the set. And the game was pretty good, too. But I think it's time to drop Pujols in the order - I mean 0-7 with just one walk this series? At least start exploring trade opportunities, Walt. Mulder has more hits this series than Albert (and has the same .316 BA).

Nearly game time...I work next door to Ozzie's which makes these day games quite enjoyable. An hour at the bar (never drinking of course) watching the game really breaks up the work day. Peter's right - it's flamboyant headcase vs. stubborn headcase today. I'll say Marquis' meltdown comes in the fourth inning.

Update: Or Pujols could just not play today. Hope his back and leg and feet are OK.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?