Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Socks Have Been Knocked Off

To get this out of the way, the bad first:
Food lines were waaay too long. I couldn't wait that long for nachos, so I got a kosher dog from a stand (still delicious). The seats behind us didn't have cup holders. Lots of people are going to get wet if it rains. The directories aren't up yet, so I walked up four flights of stairs not knowing where the escalators or ramps were.

Now, the good:
The park is beautiful. The concourses wide, bathrooms large, sightlines nearly perfect. Lots of SRO. Plenty of beer and dog stands (again, the lines for the big "Gashouse Grill" type places were crazy, stands were fine). I basically walked around all night with a silly little grin on my face or with my mouth hanging open.

To sum up:
1 Kosher Dog ($5.50), 1.5 24 oz. beers ($8.25 each), 2 complete circuits of the stadium, 3 innings actually seen. Sorry I can't tell you about the game itself, but I will come back with a full report from...OPENING DAY.

Finally:
Pictures. Sorry they're in the post rather than a link to a slide show, but I don't get this internet thing.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?