Saturday, March 04, 2006

Real Live Baseball

I've tried staying up to watch the WBC but that's just not happening. Luckily, my gameday radio thingy from last year still works. So I'll listen to the Marlins and Cards this afternoon. I don't know how long I'll be able to listen, but I'll do this as long as I can.

Line Up
Eckstein (SS)
Sooooo (CF)
Gall (LF)
Molina (C)
Pellow - no idea who that is (1B)
Duncan (RF)
Luna (3B)
Spivey (2B)
Redman (DH)
Ponson (P)

1st Inning: Called strike. Bad throw to first, but they get Eckstein. Taguchi also grounds out. Gall walks. C'mon Yadi!! Blech, he pops up to 2nd. Marlins guys talking about Ponson's little habits. I lose my feed and some guy (Lenny Harris I think) gets on. Oh, lovely. The ball drops between Spivey and Duncan, but I think it was in foul territory. Yeah, it was. Oooh, struck him out. Blah, blah, blah. Nothing's happening really so the announcer is just rambling about junk. Second backwards K. Oh, that's it. I must have missed an out somewhere. That's fine. Good job, Ponson.

2nd Inning: Pellow grounds out. So does Duncan. So does Luna on an apparently fine play. This is hard to do listening to the radio. Arugh, Stokes (?) hits a double off the wall. Ooops, Ponson hits the next batter. Setting up the double play. Yes, that's what he's doing. Ah, strike out. I don't like the creeping of the DH. Dammit, 3-run home run. Struck out somebody for the third out. I missed another out. Oh, well.

3rd Inning: Spivey's hitless so far, eh? Hmmm. Still is after grounding to third. Redman swings at something too high and sits back down. What the heck? Eckstein struck out, too. Reyes is in to pitch. Grounder to Spivey. Single to center. Can o' corn to the Gooch. Hit and run was on, so it's first & third. Ah, force at second gets us out of the inning.

4th Inning: So gets the first hit, a double. Gall flies out. Yadi pops up again. Grounder to third. This kind of sucks. So makes a nice catch. Pellow tosses to Reyes for the second out. Reyes fields a comebacker for a nice 1-2-3 inning.

5th Inning: Duncan grounds out. Luna grounds out. Hey, Junior, try flying out. Just to shake things up. Nope, ground out, but at least it was to third rather than second.

Ok, I have some real life stuff to take care of. Not looking good for the Cards in this game.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?