Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In From The Ledge

I had to step back and take a moment because last night I was despondent; this Desipio headline summed it up for me. Down two outfielders, a second baseman, and replacing Morris with Reyes. Can't trade Marquis for a good outfielder and almost all of FAs out there are pretty much crap. Bleak. Remember a year ago today? No 2B, replacing Williams with Haren, Morris had yet to sign, and about to be dissed by TSSWMNBN. Two years in a row we slump towards the Ides of December seemingly up a creek.

Then, three days after losing TSSWMNBN, Jocketty traded for Mulder. This is not the time to rehash the trade for the 1 billionth time, but it was only possible by not signing TSSWMNBN. That non-signing also allowed the Cards to sign Eckstein and Grudzielanek. Of course, we need this year's Haren, this year's Calero blew out his elbow (and is a free agent), and there's no Barton. So our options are a tad more limited.

I wish they could resign Grudz, but that is almost completely outside the realm of possibility as there are only two days in which to get a deal done. Hell, right now I'd be ecstatic to see Reggie and his da Gama-esque fielding. What I do not want to see is Boone and his platinum hair at second; we finally broke Jimmy of his highlights habit, Boone would be a bad influence. Plus, Boone sucks. Know who else sucks? Jacque Jones. I mean, a .201 AVE vs. left-handers? I think I just threw up.

It looks like TSSWMNBN is being shopped. I find that incredibly, and deliciously, amusing. (Second link requires registration, ahem.)

Late-night-I-should-be-in-bed-update: Know who else sucks? Vina.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?