Monday, October 03, 2005

OK, I'll Admit It

I'm terrified.

As the day started, I was prepared to go about my business with a stoic dispassion. Then I got stopped at a train crossing, but there was no train. Ever. Ten minutes of waiting before I gave up and turned around. Now I've got that weird panicy feeling - an omen of some sort to be sure. And it didn't go away.

Reading about the NLDS certainly didn't help. Yeah, people are picking the Cards, but everything has this "only if" feel to it. Peavy scares the pants off me. Morris in Game 3? Aieeee. No Al Reyes. My mouth is dry, my stomach in knots. I hate baseball.

Ah, but salvation comes from strange places. A local TV station is having a Simpsons "Honestly Abe" week. Nunez is going to come up big.

Obviously you don't come here for in-depth statistical breakdowns. Maybe some amusing song rip-offs. But you can expect a lot fewer coherent sentences from here on out.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?