Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Man Oh Man

My stupid stupid TiVo is not letting me see the first inning. Minor inconvenience, though.

Like I said, few coherent sentences. Good Carpenter, not super-sharp, but good. Good Reggie, Eckstein, Albert. Can't fault Izzy for the misplay. Otherwise, good Jason. It's very nice to be up a game. Home run, squeeze play, four-pitch inning, guy thrown out at home. Lovely. About that squeeze. Chris showed bunt, so the Astros knew something was coming, but whether it was a safety or suicide, they couldn't tell. So they pitched out, hoping that something would be tipped. Grudz didn't go. One of the Fox guys said that La Russa might have thought, "Well, if you want me to put on the squeeze, I will. Much good may it do you." And it was a beauty of a bunt. And to get out of a bases-loaded jam (of his own making, granted) in the bottom of the inning? Magnificent. Color me concerned about Larry. Yeah, he got a hit, but he looked bad, and in pain, striking out later.

And Larry, Reggie, Grudz, Suppan, Scott, anyone I missed, and I guess Matt too...absolutely love the playoff beards.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?