Friday, September 09, 2005

Ninety Wins

I too am going through the September doldrums. I mean, what else can you say about Chris Carpenter and Albert Pujols? How many times can you describe a nice backhanded grab by Nunez or a Taguchi clutch hit without sounding rote - or worse - ungrateful? Scott is stopping to smell the roses before October, Rob is thinking about a nap. Both sound like excellent ideas. Perhaps I'll adopt a rookie (I'm thinking Tyler Johnson) or read the Wild Card hopefuls' home town papers. Maybe I'll invest too much in the series with the Cubs next weekend. Whatever I end up doing, after the next week or so I think the nervousness will start to build. It will be easy to watch the team and see how the players are doing. But, easy does not mean not scary.

Jayson Stark threw message boards into a twitter. I'm not going to really get into that, I'm far too biased, but honestly Stark, have you seen Carp pitch? Having that on espn.com gets us into that whole "East Coast Bias" and "The Cards Never Get Respect" malarkey. If this is what people are bitching about, things are good. Paul Sullivan is also not making friends in St. Louis.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?