Thursday, September 29, 2005

I Want To Believe

I'm trying not to let the lackadaisical, heads-up-the-ass play and confusing pitching get to me. But it's hard when all this happens on the day before it's Officially Still Dark when I wake up; that just made what would have been a slightly depressing day downright interminable. It's hard when the two guys you count on have been less than great. It's hard when you read that your team just doesn't have it. It's hard when KMOX replays Game 7 of last year's NLCS. It's hard when there's nothing specific to point to for the string of losses. For so long this season, the whole has been greater than the sum of it's parts. Now, things seem fractured. The list of Jimmy's aches and pains is longer than the OED, Albert's not right, Nunez is well off his mid-season tear, King's been ineffective (to say the least), and Carpenter, oh, Carpenter. But I really am trying.

And hey. I work with a Cubs fan and a Red Sox fan. The Cubs fan gave up long ago. I think the Red Sox fan may be developing a facial tic, he's very twitchy. So which is better - out of it all year, knowing you're in with problems, or burning everything just to get there?

The Reds come in tomorrow to close out the regular season. RHM and I will of course talk smack, but the Reds are mere bit players in this weekend's festivities. Let's see if we can make them extras on the field, too.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?