Thursday, September 15, 2005

I Don't Like Ties

So even though we won the season series with Houston, meaning the Cardinals are the Central Division Champions, the Magic Number remains at one. The team decided they wouldn't celebrate if Houston won tonight, and that's what I'm going with. I don't care what ESPN says. But this win feels so anti-climatic; after waiting for ever to see the final out, it never came. It's almost like a win by default or a forfeit. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it. And it's very nice winning in Wrigley.

The game happened so long ago, I've almost forgotten what happened. Suppan once again come up big. He's certainly got a knack for that - I'd rather see him after Carpenter and Mulder than Morris next month. The boys wanted to win and win they did. Prior was roughed up early, which is they way we like things to go.

Anyway, thanks to an all-day meeting I am going to miss tomorrow's game. Seriously, this is a travesty. I'm going to go waaay out on a limb and suggest that Matt shave. Completely. The beard has lost it's magic. We need a bounce back game from him.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?