Saturday, September 24, 2005

"Carp" Crap

First things first. The magic number on the right and thingy up top? Yeah, bad luck. They're gone.

I don't care if Carpenter wins the Cy Young. When it was a debate of Carp vs. Clemens, I cared. If that was all the team had going, I would care. Willis is fine. (Albert vs. Andruw is a whole other story.) I just want Chris to pitch like he can. The Cardinals need that shut down guy. I don't know why he pitched the sixth last night; he was getting pounded. It's not like the Brewers were getting dinky little hits, even the pitcher was killing Carpenter. Combined with his back issues the only reasoning I can think of is that La Russa wanted him to get the win. And that's not much of a reason. I don't think his confidence and especially health should be put in jeopardy for one win he probably wasn't going to get. Tony, please please don't do that again. I know he didn't throw that much in his last start, but he's got to rest. I was concerned when the team said Carp would stay on five days rest for the rest of the season, though pitchers are weird creatures; they like their routine. But sending him back out there was ridiculous. I wanted to puke, too.

Julia's instituting Operation L.A.M.E.A.S.S. to avoid panic. This may be the post of the year; simply outstanding. There was a discussion of Red Sox fandom over at Cardnilly (personally, I'm not buying it-I [gulp] root for the Yankees now).

Onward. Today's game is the last game of the regular season I'll be able to see all of. So how about some liveblogging? (OK, I tried. Mulder sucked. I stopped.)

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?