Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Rising Sun

"We've secretly replaced Jeff Suppan with a strikeout pitcher...let's see who notices."

Nice job, Jeff. Seven strikeouts, no walks, just the two-run home run allowed. Remember when I said Matty was "Suppanesque"? Yeah, please be more like Suppan, Morris.

I'm watching the White Sox and Twins game to see if the Sox can lose; the Cards are 75-44, the Sox sit at 74-42. I've been watching for a while; it's going into the 15th. Nick Punto reminds me a little of Eckstein. And the Sox lose. Cards stand alone at 75 wins (still one more loss than Chicago).

Speaking of those nickname-stealers, how about the original Gooch? Well, he's hitting .351/.384/.532 in 29 games since the All-Star break, with two of his seven home runs (one more that his previous career total). I don't know if he could be a regular starter for the Cardinals (though at 36, he fits one of the criteria), but on some teams, certainly.

Considering the Diamondbacks are the ones who broke Molina, I don't know if they really want to start something with the Birds. Hopefully, Eldred hitting Glaus finished it, although I bet Albert's still pissed.

Yadi's almost back! Yay!

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?