Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rational Exuberance

I don't want to peg myself as irrational after one start for the young man. But. He did a whale of a job in his Major League debut. I got home just in time to see Hall stare at his home run and toss his bat. That'll get you one in the ribs someday, Hall, showing up a brand new pitcher. Reyes didn't lose his cool, though-no one else reached until the sixth inning. I don't know how accurate FSN North's radar gun is, but I saw 95 mph once and 94 several times. He allowed only two hits and one walk and had five strike outs. For his first game in the bigs, I think he did very well indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

The Cardinals hit into four double plays. Yikes.

I'd really like to watch the game again, but those Brewers' announcers just crush my will to live. At least they stopped talking about the balk after the sixth inning.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?