Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Good Old-Fashioned Ass-Kicking

Marquis' head is so screwed up right now, he's of virtually no use. He was out of the game by the time I got home, and I don't know if I want to watch the train wreck on my TiVo. Would skipping a start or two mess him up further (if that's possible at this point)? Can La Russa stomach essentially conceding a game every fifth day? Marquis did not respond well when Atlanta sent him to the bullpen. However, he's so ineffective the pen's not really an option now. Something has to be done, I just can't see how any of the possible solutions will help Jason and/or the Cardinals.

Who is going to want a guy that Leo Mazzone and Dave Duncan couldn't get through to?

Of course, it wouldn't matter if Jason had given up one run in nine innings. The Cardinals, outside of the sixth and ninth innings when they left the bases loaded, couldn't do anything offensively. Or maybe it was all offensive. Cal certainly didn't help.

And if that guy broke Taguchi's hand, I'm going to be so pissed.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?