Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Domo Arigato, Mr. Taguchi

I really have to figure out a better way of getting the score in my car; rush hour traffic is not good for pressing lots of cell phone buttons. And it was not on Extra Innings when I got home. Ah well, that's why I also have mlb.radio. Morris gave up nine hits, including a home run, two walks, for four ER. But So decided that Morris couldn't lose three in a row for the first time in his career. Looking at the box score, Morris (7 innings) and Beckett (6 1/3 innings) both threw 101 pitches, Matt had 64 strikes, Beckett 63, each issued two walks. The difference is Beckett had five strike outs (to Morris' two) and only four hits. Ok, so he also gave up a home run to Lil' Davey Eckstein. But I wonder if Trader Jack is rethinking that call to the bullpen...I mean, goodness, that home run was a no-doubter. I think I'll call Morris' outing Suppanesque. Nothing spectacular, but he kept it reasonably close.

You know, Chris Carpenter is pretty good.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?