Thursday, July 28, 2005

What I Did Over My Summer Vacation

Here's a tip: Don't start a new job the day after you return from vacation. It will kick your ass (similar to this).

I was able to get to four games. Sunday against the Astros, Wednesday (thanks, Scott!!) and Thursday against the Brewers, and Friday against the Cubs. I took some pictures on Friday, but jumping up and down makes for blurry shots. I did get some nice pictures of New Busch, if any other out-of-towners are interested. There is something I really don't like about it, though. The "B" is up -- and it looks a little too much like a Boston Red Sox "B," but a tad less pointy. Sunday's game was fantastic. I love that they got three runs off Clemens who hadn't allowed that many on the road all year, I believe. I've never seen anyone pimp like Rodriguez did during his curtain call Wednesday. He was not so much with the humility, but it was his first and it was funny. I really, really don't want to call him J-Rod. Somebody's got to come up with something better. I noticed in that game that Mulder doesn't hitch up his pants after every pitch anymore. Maybe that was his problem-poorly fitting pants. Thursday, ugh. Errors, bad throwing decisions, Marquis not on his game, etc. I haven't been to a Cardinals/Cubs game in a very long time, so Friday was a lot of fun. They showed Jack singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame in Wrigley from a few years ago during the seventh inning stretch. Some Cubs fans (and a few people ostensibly there to root for the Cardinals) in our section kept looking into the radio booth to see him. Yeah.... I'm still annoyed that they don't do the Cubs Cap Dance anymore. Suicide Squeezes are great.

The Grudzielanek GG in '05 campaign has begun, with Dan and Al chiming in during today's broadcast. Sure, why not? The on-field microphones were quite sensitive today. Carp said a very bad word after striking out and I caught just about all of Nevin and the umpire's tete-a-tete, none of which was suitable for younger ears.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?