Monday, July 25, 2005

Uncle

Four starters, including two thirds of the outfield, on the disabled list. One of the replacements twists his ankle on a nail. John freaking Gall gets called up. Add in Edmonds' hamstring and Pujols' shoulder and things are very ugly. Our OBP (.309) is better than only the Nationals this month.

The Cardinals are hurting. Badly.

It's probably the jet lag and such, but when I heard about Walker I got this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about the lineup. I pictured a black cloud hanging over Busch Stadium. The good thing is Yadi and Reggie will heal. I don't know about Larry, but I'm optimistic for some reason. Rolen...well, I think Rolen's going to be just fine next year.

I'll call it a July Sigh and put my fangirl hat back on, but this crap is getting really tiresome.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?