Wednesday, July 06, 2005

An Oven Is A Dry Heat, Too

Now that I'm very sunburned and can't go outside, back to baseball. RHM very kindly wrote a long, lovely response to my question about Kearns. I didn't even think about it until after she put all that effort into her reply, but Jocketty's not going to name who he's going after. Sigh. I'm so sorry, RHM.

Poor Brad the Rad, giving up that home run yesterday. But when you're up by nine runs, it's understandable to lose a little concentration. I really like getting so many runs without a home run; HRs are certainly lots of fun, but it's always nice to know you don't need them. I think Molina's getting a little paranoid about people stealing signs, though. Tonight, Suppan did what he does; a fair amount of baserunners, but got out of the jams mostly unscathed (only run on a sac fly) working at a glacial pace. Albert hit the ball all over the place and made some pretty plays, Taguchi hit a home run, Rolen's looking better and better, Izzy did the dumbest thing a pitcher can do by bare-handing a hit -- I swear, I stopped breathing. Grudzielanek's slump is getting really bad.

I never wish injury on a player, even a Cub having a career year, but this is classic Cub. They get Wood and Prior back and now Lee's injured. How long he'll be out is unknown right now, could just need some rest (he's apparently been playing with it for a while -- which is pretty amazing), but it reminds me of Edmonds in 2003. And that wasn't good.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?