Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The All-Star Game

I know he's promoting a movie, but I love that Billy Bob Thornton is at the game. Every interview I've seen with him has been along the lines of, "Yeah, it's a fun flick. Cardinals. Cardinals Cardinals Cardinals. Cardinals...Cardinals." I'm very shallow.

After all the bitching and moaning about Sunday's late game, it seems the flight to Detroit was acceptable. I'm very excited to see George Kissell at the game tonight. No one outside of St. Louis is going to know who he is, but it will still be very nice.

As for the American League, well, it's barely even real baseball. They play in domes. On fake grass. They have a team with the second highest payroll in the game that still tries to portray themselves as some sort of underfunded, loudmouthed rebellion. I mean, come on. How can there be an entire league where one guy doesn't even play defense? And one guy who never hits?

Sounds like cheating to me.

Red Hot Mama and I will be making fun of these and other topics tonight as Tony La Russa tries to manage his ass off. This could be very interesting, seeing as how the AL lineup gives me nightmares. Feel free to add to the smack-fest if you have something mean to say about the American League or any of it's players (not too mean, you know -- more along the lines of, "Manny's awfully lucky he can hit a baseball-I don't think he's even literate," "Hey, Kenny, can I take your picture?" or "The Devil Rays' uniforms are a travesty-contract them now."). We'll see if there's any truth to the Hrabosky-started rumor that Joe Buck will wear a Cardinals jersey just to annoy the East Coast.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?