Monday, June 27, 2005

"Utilityman" Is On The TiVo

And "Family Guy" and "Prime Suspect" were on. Made the evening much more bearable.

Scott has a very nice post about Cedeno at CardNilly. Over at VEB, SirVLCIV looked at the consequences of pulling a pitcher too late. Marquis says all the right things, but that's now two starters who have admitted to not feeling right all year. Yadi absolutely owns Pirate pitchers (base runners and batters, too, especially if they're stealing signs).Which is why I didn't understand why he bunted (or tried to) twice Sunday. I question that far more than having Walker pinch hit. Dan at Get Up is getting into the minor leagues, which is good. This year was the first I've ever paid the slightest attention to the draft, and I'm eager to see how these kids do. In a similar vein, the boys over at Scout have a weekly mailbag going with Springfield's Cody Haerther. If you don't already-check out their daily Cards In The News, as well (though I think that link's only good for Sunday-here's the main page). Gibby took down #45. One of these days I'm going to look into Cardinal fans' propensity for giving players nicknames that end in "ee" sounds. I'm afraid someone's going to call Pujols "Albie" and it will catch on.

Off day game: Grudzielank signed a one-year deal (and I believe part of the deal is that the Cardinals cannot offer arbitration). Who should play second base? Re-sign Grudz before the end of the season or go after someone else?

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?