Tuesday, June 14, 2005

More Than Wow

I feel I should probably say more than "Wow," for that game. First of all, I hate hate hate Extra Innings. This game was not on (neither was Mulder's 10-inning shut out). Second, I hate hate Russ Adams. Third, I hate that Shannon isn't on this road trip. I would have loved to hear him call this. Wayne just doesn't have the same ability to paint a picture as Shannon (neither compare to Buck). All night long it was, "That's a strike, and the count is oh-and-one," and "Carpenter strikes him out." I missed Mike's "Hee hee" and "Mmm-mmmm-mmmm."

So Mr. Canada hit two two-run home runs. Mr. So-Close-To-300/300 hit a home run. Mr. I'm-Better-At-Baseball-Than-All-Of-You added a home run as well. Tonight's game marked Walker's first hit at the Jays' park.

As wonderful as it is to see Walker with home runs (I'd be happy with hits) and a couple 3-for-4 nights, it is completely overshadowed by Mr. Ex-Jay throwing a freaking gem. So how good was Carpenter? One hit, one walk (erased on a double play). One batter over the minimum. Ten strike outs (two below his career high). Obviously, the only guy to get past first base was Adams (may he be forever cursed) on his double. All in a mere 95 pitches. That, dear readers, is fucking dominance.

How much fun would yesterday's game have been if it was Carp v. Halladay? Of course it could have ended up like heralded pitching duels such as Mulder v. Pedro or Mulder v. Hudson. But, I get the feeling Carp is a little further along in the mental aspect of the game than Mulder.

A minor quibble-I always thought a "no-no" was no hits, no walks (i.e., someone had reached on an error), was I wrong? --As you can see in the comments, The Ol' Goaler set me straight.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?