Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Choose or Lose

Lee is creeping up on Albert. Lee is having a monster season, and he's going to be in the game no matter what, but I want Pujols to be the NL's leading vote-getter -- just because I'm petty and don't like the Cubs. Looks like Rolen and Edmonds are pretty safe and Eckstein is close to Izturis (thank goodness that silly Neifi campaign collapsed faster than Gary Hart's), Grudzielanek is way behind Kent. Yadi's in fifth among catchers, pretty good for his first full season. Why some people continue to vote for Piazza, I'll never understand.

Dontrelle Willis is really cool:
"I don't know, man. It would be a very huge honor considering that our manager is not the [NL] manager. I mean, honestly I would start one of his [La Russa's] guys. They have a couple of guys who are throwing the ball well, like [Matt] Morris. So if I made the team, I would want him to start one of his guys, to be honest."

--Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis, on being considered to start the All-Star game (MLB.com)

"I won't be mad at all. How can you be upset at an All-Star Game?"
--Willis, on how he'd feel if he wasn't chosen to start

The P-D and Miami Herald (might hafta register), too. Kid's got his head on straight.

Mulder wonders what the hell is wrong. Welcome to the club, Mark. Duncan thinks, "...the changes will come quickly." Which is nice to hear, though I'm not holding my breath. lboros makes me sad. CardNilly has his usual good preview up.

You know, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing Claussen. Why can't Milton pitch against the Cardinals? Watch me bitch and moan about Mulder to Red Hot Mama tonight.

Oooh, ooh. I just checked my email, and I got the Good Sports Recordings email, too! I have been curious about this CD since I first heard about it -- and the clips (this opens an mp3) sound great. Ozzie sings "Cupid" (you can never go wrong with Sam Cooke). Plus, some of the proceeds go to very deserving charities. There's a little something for everybody (and there's a DVD).

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?