Thursday, June 16, 2005

Blame Canada

The Cards lost a series for the first time since San Diego was in town May 5-8. I think the boys were confused by the metric system, Celsius temperatures, and strange money. Let's just move on.

First a bit of gossip. After Sunday's game, I called my parents. There was a lot of background noise, so I asked where they were. My dad said, "We're at Farotto's," then his voice dropped several decibels. "We're sitting next to Stan Musial. Your mother is speechless." They used to see Jack there quite a bit, too. Even though I lived in St. Louis for nearly 20 years I never met a Cardinal. The closest I got was seeing Jose Oquendo at my orthodontist.

I figured out the problem the Cardinals seem to have with soft-tossin' lefties. "Soft-Tossin' Lefties" = STL. It's like matter and anti-matter.

Nooooooo! Part One:
La Russa indicated that Cedeno, sidelined June 6 by a strained right hamstring, will be reactivated sometime next week.
Part Two: Anthony Reyes goes on the DL. lboros has the Reyes part of his interview with Redbirds pitching coach Dyan Miller up. I hope he can avoid further injury (and keep his pitches down); it'd be awfully nice to have an effective pitcher making the minimum next year.

Off day game: Guess the 2006 starting outfield.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?