Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yadi, Yadi, He's Our Man

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought about liveblogging the game last night, but my notes are filled with icks, blechs, stop throwing balls, you don't run on Yadis, and Bucknor, you're an idiots until I lost interest in keeping a running log sometime in the 8th.

Watching the team mob Yadi reminded me of his last game-winning hit. It was, I believe, Walker's second game with the Cardinals. As everyone jumped up and down, banging Molina on the head, Morris pulled Larry into the scrum. Last night, Grudz was out on the top step, Eckstein gave Molina a bear hug, and it looked like Mulder was working Molina's midsection. Al called it by the way-Joe said Molina could be a late-night hero, to which Al said, "He'll be the hero," so matter-of-factly you just had to believe him. And after strike 'em out, throw 'em out, was there any question Yadi would get the winning RBI?

(I actually don't remember where that picture is from-so if it's yours, let me know)


So. The rest of the game. C.B.'s simply outstanding performance behind the plate rivaled that of Dale Scott's in Atlanta. Pujols did say the magic word, but it was clearly not directed at the umpire. Guess ol' C.B. had to fill a quota for face time. Marquis is one lucky s.o.b. who owes the entire team dinner. Duncan was talking to him between innings, and he did only give up one run, but his line was not good. The bullpen has indeed seemed to turn around. Although, I very much hope Mulder can go eight innings tonight; I don't want to miss Cody McKay's knuckler.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?