Wednesday, May 18, 2005

These Kids Today

I was checking the score on my phone while driving home and saw that it was 5-0. Knowing that Pujols had hit a 2-run home run, I at first thought Nunez was responsible for the three runs. Then I saw that Yadi hit his first homer of the year. I had to check the game log to make sure (my fellow drivers were thrilled, I bet). And, yawn, he picked off another guy. I wish he was eligible for ROY.

After living with a revolving bullpen over the past few weeks, it's good to have some sanity restored. Well, except for King's bizarre ineffectiveness and Izzy's propensity for inducing myocardial infarctions. I continue to be very enamored with Thompson. Watching the 9th inning again, I had the thought that maybe Izzy wanted to face Abreu all along. Jason made him look so silly swinging at those curves, I'm going to tell myself that loading the bases was all part of his little plan.

Philly has been quite kind to Cardinals without home runs. You're next, Marquis.

You know, interleague play is so unfair. This weekend the Redbirds play the Royals. The Cubs get the White Sox. Poor, poor Cubbies.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?