Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm Not Old Enough To Lose Whole Hours

I listened to the game today and realized in the late afternoon that I remembered almost nothing about it.

Here's what I got:
The strike calls were very loud.
Eckstein is on some kind of tear, huh?
Albert with 3 strike outs. What the hell? Somebody get his wife on the phone.
When Mike takes an inning off, I always wonder where he goes.
So far, I like Brad Thompson.
Molina picked up where he left off and then some.
Drew has completely forgotten how to play in Busch. Perhaps he should have spent a little more time actually in the field.
I like it when they score 10 runs with no homeruns.

Rolen could be out for up to six weeks. For some reason, I'm just not concerned about him missing that much time. That could change quickly if the platoon goes in the tank, but a combo of Mabry, Nunez, and Seabol is fine. There may be a few liners that get through and some bunts that go for hits, but I'm OK with that. Offensively, we'll never know if Scotty would have gotten hot (.257/.347/.477), so it would be silly to say they'll definitely miss his production compared with Mabry and Nunez.

So, on the 4-4 homestand there were some annoying losses to San Diego and a couple of spankings of the Trolley Dodgers. But how have we done with that pesky LOB thing? Not so super-fantastic. Three guys have left over 10 on base the past eight games: Pujols (13), Edmonds (15), and Rolen (11). The pitchers have also left 10 on, but they're pitchers. Diaz has nine, Walker, Grudzielanek, and Sanders all have eight. Molina and Taguchi both have seven, Cedeno's at five, Mabry has four, and Eckstein has three (all against the Padres). Also, I'd like to see Albert not ground out to the left side for a game or two.

Anyway...

Bring on the Pond Scum!

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?