Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I've had this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach all day. It didn't have to do with Morris' start tonight. I just couldn't put my finger on what was causing my angst. Then I realized...

The Cubs are coming.

Tomorrow it's Suppan v. Zambrano. Or really, Edmonds v. Zambrano II: This Time It's Personal. And Carlos, you're in our house this time. Wednesday will be exactly nine months since The Pujols Game. You know the Cubbies will be ready to go. The Cardinals seem to be clicking just in time.

Yes, we've had five good games. Against Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. I don't think Jeff will shut out the Baby Bears, but if he can beat Clemens and Sheets, he can beat Zambrano. And if Zambrano tries anything funny...well, I remember Albert coming out of the dugout with a bat in his hand after Edmonds got plunked for the second time. You really want that coming at you, Carlos?

Oh yeah, Matty looked good tonight, in spite of the obligatory homerun.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?