Monday, April 04, 2005

The Pujols Prayer

As we stand on the eve of the Cardinals' 2005 season, gathering our strength, double checking the supply of hot dogs and Bud Lite, visiting store-front psychics and voodoo queens, we are comforted by thoughts of a kid with "old eyes," an honest-to-goodness lefthanded starter, two guys who are pretty much assumed to be the best at their positions, a fast-learning tank/cannon behind the plate (the Army drools with jealousy), and knowing that it's just possible that huge bowl of concrete that holds the heat so well might take on a life of it's own this summer, raising the mound a tad in the top halves of innings and moving the fences in just a bit in the bottom halves.

Humbly submitted to the Baseball Gods:

Pujols is my shepherd; I shall not want
He maketh me to watch stuff in green stadiums:
He leadeth me beside the pretzels and beers.
He restoreth my baseball:
He leadeth me in the paths of winningness for our city's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of loss,
I will fear no Renteria: For he art with the Sox;
Thy bat and thy pitching staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a bullpen before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my ballcap with Bud; My cup runneth over onto the guy in front of me. (sorry about that, dude, I say)

(prayer by cardinalgirl)

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?