Monday, April 18, 2005

The M & M Boys

I got home just in time to see the no-hitter lost. Then Yadi dropped the ball on the play at the plate.

Clearly, I am the jinx.

But, wait. Molina with three hits? Mulder with no earned runs? Where are we? What is going on?

Mark dropped his ERA from 6.00 to 4.74. Molina raised his average to .118. I know they scored nine in the ninth inning, and that was fun, but Mulder and Molina are the Important Things from today's game. Molina only wears one batting glove. And Mark looks good at the plate (though not in a productive batting way).

I can't say that this marks (heh) the beginning of a tremendous season for Mulder. I wasn't willing to say we were hosed after two crappy starts and one good start doesn't make a trend anymore than his two shitty ones do. Still, it was quite an outing for Mark. Maybe Duncan was right when he said Mulder needed to get away from St. Louis. A nice thing was that he caught the comebackers tonight that had previously been deflecting off his glove.

Now that Molina has strung a few hits together, I'm not going to really worry about him anymore. I will, however, go to my grave wondering how he made it from first to home. I mean, he can't even outrun a homerun. I can understand his reluctance to be barreled into by Pirates and he did hold on to the ball in the sixth. Plus, he's caught four very good games in a row.

So, who thinks Tavarez will pitch tomorrow, just to piss off McClendon?

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?