Friday, April 08, 2005

Karma's a Bitch

I had the perfect plan. A couple of weeks ago I decided I would feign some mysterious illness to leave work and watch the home opener. Tragically, it's not on Extra Innings-so that idea was scrapped.

Today I woke up genuinely sick as hell. In my fever-addled mind sometime around 3 am I confused the Pope's funeral on my radio with baseball. Well, they kept mentioning Cardinals.

So instead of being at home, in bed, listening over the internet half-awake, I was at work, bothered by (and bothering) other people. On to the game. Let's go by the numbers.

Times Eckstein got on base: Five
Times he scored: Two
"Dammit Izzy"s uttered: Too many to count
Co-workers annoyed: At least three
Number of people who were thinking about Danny Haren's outing last night while watching Mulder: The entire population of St. Louis
Mulder's ERA: 6.00
Sweet, sweet strike outs by Kenny Lofton: One
Number of top five MVP vote getters with a BA under .200: Two
Julian Tavarez Moment of the Day: He fell getting off his convertible
Number of saves blown by the Cubs today: One
You Rock: Eckstein. They said we'd love him and they were right.
You Don't: Gotta go with Mulder here. Even after all that talk about not being nervous, I'm going to hope that's all it was. Because if I don't, well, I'll get kinda mad.
Wins: Two
Losses: One

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?