Friday, March 25, 2005

Three Nights In August

Finally got my copy from Amazon. So far: amazing. Not so much the "inside baseball" part, but the writing. It's something we all aspire to. I can't praise it enough without kicking bellyitcher up from PG to PG-13.

So now that you've been warned - this book is really fucking good. Once I've had a little more time to digest, I'll post a more salient review. But off the cuff, I hate hate hate being reminded of the 2003 bullpen and rotation and Kerry Robinson (who has a prominent place in the series discussed). These things are best forgotten. A bad dream dismissed in the light of morning. Also, La Russa cannot stand to lose. If his team went 161-1, he'd contemplate slitting his wrists over the one loss.

Whether you are a fan of La Russa or a banner flyer or somewhere in between, you must read this book.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?