Thursday, March 17, 2005

Taxing Evasions

Who ya gonna believe? Me, or your lyin' eyes?

I wanted to believe McGwire. Even though it was fairly obvious he was juiced, a tiny little part hoped he'd deny it.

All in all, it was just sad. Sad for the parents in the second panel. Sad that Mac gave a non-admission admission. Sad that it will probably take another day like this for the Union and League to get their act together. Sad that the dark, slimy underbelly of my favorite sport (and team) is as gross and depressing as I feared.

With all the stupid things MLB has done, you'd think we'd just give up. But I can't -- I have Battered Fan Syndrome. They can screw up over and over and I'll still come back. Baseball doesn't want to hurt me, and one day, with my love, I know it will change.

In other news, TSSWMNBN needs to shut up (the ability to live without a heart, apparently, is worth somewhere between $4 and $8 million) and Reggie's getting his appendix removed.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?