Sunday, March 27, 2005

Southern Comfort

Myers? Pulsipher? Who knows? Myers has previously sucked (2003, last year in the NL=5.70 ERA). He's fairly decent against left-handed batters, but I'm spoiled now and I'd really love to have another guy that could face more than one batter coming out of the pen. And Myers cannot be allowed to pitch to righties. So ugly. I guess the brain trust likes his grounders/flies ratio and the fact that his lowest ERA came pitching for the Rockies must say something. Don't know why, but I think he will send me running and screaming from the room when he comes in - I just get a weird Fassero vibe that I don't get with Pulsipher.

Everyone is getting on the Comeback Bandwagon. And I admit I get suckered into this kind of thing too easily; I fail to follow La Russa's rule of never falling in love too early or too late in March. But ya gotta pay attention when someone doesn't allow a run in spring, even if no one knows how he's getting people out. Thing is, though, he signed a minor league deal and can be sent to Memphis, whereas Myers can go back on the market if he doesn't want to go to AAA. I fear batters will figure Pulsipher out sooner rather than later. So maybe the Redbirds is a good place to see if he can keep it up (or, rather, down).

Story-wise, I'm going with Bill. Besides, Mike has them crazy eyes.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?