Friday, February 18, 2005

Now they can get their highlights naturally

It's finally here. Pitchers and Catchers report to camp today. Of course, many were there already, but that's not important this morning.

Also not important today: Jose Canseco. BALCO. Those things can be important again tomorrow.

Mulder threw for Duncan a few days ago. Lincoln, coming off Tommy John, is throwing off the mound. Izzy is, too. Apparently, everyone's great (or has excessive facial hair). And that's exactly what we want to hear. Today, everyone is ready to go. All of the off-season angst melts away. Today, I don't miss TSSWMNBN one single bit-Eckstein is going to be fantastic. Today, I can't wait to see what Mike Myers can do for the team. Right now, I firmly believe Yadi will start in the All-Star game and Larry Walker will play 140 games. Today, I can't wait to see John Kruk on Baseball Tonight. I don't care about the Ex-Cub Factor today.

Tomorrow we can wonder if Jason's hip and Matty's shoulder are repaired, if Carpenter's nerve thing is gone, if Mulder can live up to expectations, if Rick has his head on straight. We can worry later about Pujols' foot. Next week, we can fret over the bench.

No matter what some stupid rodent in Pennsylvania says, spring starts now.

I can almost smell the grass. No, wait...that's my neighbor.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?