Friday, November 12, 2004

Supernatural Envy

Yaaawwwwnnnn.

GM meetings in Florida. Sportswriters making up crazy stories. And no really real news.

Well, Santana got the AL Cy Young. Good for him. He was outstanding. I mean, he didn't lose after the all-star break!! I saw one game in the Metrodome in the mid-nineties. The Twins were bad and rivaling the Expos for attendance records. We had cheap seats, but still, what a crappy place for baseball. So, I've had a thing for the Twins since then; I felt bad for them. But now, now they've won three division titles in a row (yeah, yeah, against the White Sox, Tigers, Royals, and Indians, but still). And they're all good these days, with the pitching and hitting and defense. Even with 1987, I can't hate the team or The Cities. So I'm happy for Johan and the Twins and their fans.

That's what the Cardinals need. Some guy who is 25, doesn't lose, and is years away from free agency.

It's still very early days; after all today's the first really free free-agency day, but I'm ready for something, anything to happen.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?