Monday, November 15, 2004

Most Valuable Barry

No surprise here. He changes the game, he puts up crazy numbers, blahblahblah. I'm sure ESPN will have a lovely ass-kissing article, if you want to check it out. But quickly, shouldn't defense count? I shouldn't expect consistency from sportswriters, but didn't Albert lose last year cause the Cards missed the playoffs? I guessed as much for our boys. The votes weren't as even as I thought they'd be (Albert-247, Scott-226, Jimmy-160), but it does seem like Scott and Albert split each other's votes. Personally, I think Beltre should have won. And look what happens when JD Drew avoids hangnails--#6 in votes!

I don't like Bonds. It's not just that he's a jerk or that he licks his bat or that he stole Sheffield's chef (which is just weird). I also don't like him because I think he's playing for the wrong reasons. Sure, he wants to win, but he wants to win for himself. I find his body armor annoying. It allows him to stand incredibly close to the plate, making the strike zone Eddie Gaedel-like. So of course he's gonna walk a lot.

I don't know if he's used steroids or HGH, although the evidence is not in his favor. People point to his size and when you see pictures of him as a Pirate versus now, it is remarkable. But not being a professional athlete or 40 years old, I can't say that Bonds' physical transformation is anything other than GNC-aided. Except for his head. Whose head gets literally bigger? In the wire story about the MVP award, Bonds said,
"I don't have answers, I really don't. I don't really care about all this stuff. I really don't," he said. "I don't owe anyone a response to anything."
about the BALCO situation. Uh, ok. The prosecutors might take exception to that. But he does have some fans, right? The people who pay him? I guess they aren't owed anything other than honor of being able to inhabit the same planet as the greatness that is BondsPumpkinHead.

Yeah, he's an arrogant, prima-donna asshole who's probably done something he shouldn't have.

Besides, he once said Albert Pujols should play a single position before getting any awards. Prick.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?