Sunday, November 21, 2004

Legends and Enigmas

It's a surprisingly busy November Sunday for the Cardinals.

First things first. Happy Birthday to The Man. I don't remember who, but someone said he looked like "a kid peeking around a corner" when he was batting. I like that image. Like he's daring you to find him in a game of hide-and-seek, but he knows you'll never catch him. Who are the 23 nimrods who didn't vote for him to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

I know I wasn't the only one combing the internet for Puerto Rican Winter League info. So far I've found two places

The Cardinal Nation (link also on the right) has links to USA Today's stats, standings, and box scores and Ebaseballpr-it's in Spanish, but box scores are box scores.

Of course, the reason for all my googling is to find out how Yadier Molina and Rick Ankiel are doing. And Friday's game was finally posted. Rick pitched four innings, allowed three hits, one walk, struck out three, and hit one batter. The stats show Molina's hitting .333 (Cardinal Nation says .375-I'm not sure where the discrepancy comes from) with a double and no errors.

This morning on KMOX, Walt said Haren and Ankiel to Arizona was a complete fabrication and questioned the integrity of the writers who suggested it. GM's, especially one as savvy as Jocketty, don't show their hands, so this is an unusually vehement denial. One of them might still be in the deal, but I say give the D'backs Marquis, La Russa and Duncan seem kinda pissed at him.

|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?